I've been waiting...

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Prayer Request

Parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, hug your kids tonight.  Hug them and appreciate them for all their smiles and giggles and whining and crying and flaws.  Life can change in an instant and you never know what tomorrow will bring.  I went to a funeral visitation today for a twenty month old baby boy who passed away suddenly last week.  Even though I hadn't kept in touch with his parents over the years, it was one of the most difficult things I have done in recent memory.  All of the photos, the videos, the toys, books, and baby blankets that were on display at the funeral home today broke my heart.  Many of them were the same toys and books that I have here for Grace and that was really hard to see and realize how much a part of my life she has become in such a short time.  I can't imagine a day without her now and I'm not sure when that changed for me but it did.  At the beginning I loved her yes, I took care of her and enjoyed her and had fun with her yes, but she was like this little extra adventure that was going on in my life.  But now, she is my life.  I couldn't imagine going through what they are experiencing right now.  My heart broke for his parents and grandparents, aunts and uncles that were in such obvious pain.  It's days like this that I waffle in my own beliefs and I question why something like this happens, where is God during this.  I don't have a whole lot more to say about it other than to ask you to say a prayer for this family.  They are going to need strength and courage in the days and weeks to follow.  
 

No comments: