I've been waiting...

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Birthday #3 and Finally the Birthday Celebrations are Over!

This morning during our "milk and coffee" time, I explained to Grace:  "Honey, just so you know, we won't be celebrating your birthday like this every year, having three parties with cupcakes and cake and special get togethers throughout the whole month of August.  It's happening this year, but really sweetie, it won't be like this every year."  She just laughed and climbed down off my lap to play.

Family Birthday Celebration
Today my family came over for a BBQ to celebrate Grace's birthday.  Finally "birthday month" is over and this will absolutely be the last birthday party this kid gets this year.  Seriously, 3 celebrations!!!???  I'm kidding really, as this was our first chance to get together as a family since the wedding.  My brothers and sisters have been in Ireland and Colorado and along the Trent Severn and even up in Yukon and Northwest Territories.  Finally everyone is back home again and we were able to take some time to relax, eat outdoors and celebrate Grace's first birthday in our family.  
I love seeing the kids running around the backyard, wearing themselves out!  The older nephews practised their soccer skills or kick boxing or whatever skills, kicking apples across the field while baby K and Grace spent their time chasing my sister around on the grass.  Everyone got fed, thanks to Eddy's BBQ skills and the evening ended with cake of course!!!!  After everything you're going to see in the photos following this post, you would think my girl would have crashed immediately, but no, no, no!  Grace chose to toss and turn and have me stay in her room to keep her company till well after 9:00.  Does that mean she will sleep in tomorrow morning??!!!




K-man dumping everything into the pool!!



action shot!







No comments: