I've been waiting...

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Getting Ready for Winter

Not much to say here, just a few pics of recent Fall activities and our night out at the Santa Claus parade last weekend.  My nephew played in one of the bands in the parade so we were very proud to watch him walk by, playing his bagpipes.  

I have an elderly couple who live next door to us and Grace adores both of them, always wanting to visit Dan and Erna whenever we are outside.  So when Grace spotted Dan raking leaves in our backyard, trying to help me out, there was no stopping her, she wanted outside right then to get involved!  She was quite sick with a cold but out we went to rake leaves, an activity I really enjoy most of the time, but with a two year old that spends more time taking the leaves out of the bag instead of putting them in, well...  let's just say we weren't much help!  The funniest moment was when Grace tried to mimic Dan, who was putting his foot in the bag to push the leaves down.  Watching an 85 year old man and a 2 year old child with their feet in leaf bags was priceless.  Too bad I was laughing too hard that I didn't get a photo!

ps. Grace and I went for our Christmas photos today and I will post a sneak preview this coming week, not as cute as last year (she WOULD NOT stay put!!!) but still precious!

Waiting for the parade to start




"No Grace, the leaves have to stay in the bag!!!"


No comments: