I've been waiting...

Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Beautiful Sound

Today I heard Grace's voice for the first time.  It was so beautiful I cried happy tears.  It wasn't exactly a Norman Rockwell moment, I was changing her diaper, but she babbled and made sounds that actually sounded like words.  And then she continued to do it at my parents' place later on that evening, getting more and more confident with her new talent.  I've heard her squawk, I've heard her cry, her laugh, even her big belly laugh, I've heard her whine and grunt in frustration, I've heard her whisper babbles, but I've never heard her voice.  She has a beautiful little voice and I can't wait till tomorrow to hear it again!

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

That's when Adam started talking - always at diaper changing time. Now he's requesting songs by climbing on my stomach and asking by name.

Anonymous said...

Aww! thats so nice Suzanne! I can't wait to hear Grace :) K

Jules and Danny said...

Yay! Maybe she was inspired at dinner the night before?!?!? I can't wait to hear her little voice too!

Joanna @ Asking with Faith said...

I love baby voices!

Catherine said...

That's awesome!! What a precious gift! Cannot wait to hear it too. She's on her way Mommy!!