I've been waiting...

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Birth Mothers Day

Today is known as Birth Mothers Day.  Grace and I were out for the evening (pictures to come in a later post!) but when we got home and I had carried her sleeping little body up to her crib, I lit a candle and sat for a while at the computer, thinking about Grace's birth mother. I thought about the loss she endured to give me the best gift of my life.  I want to think she wanted a better life for Grace and while I don't know if that were true and what the circumstances were for her, I want to think that.  She chose life for Grace and for that, I am grateful.  I wish there was a way to let her know that Grace is a wonderful little girl, beautiful both inside and out, full of smiles, and very much loved by me and my family.  It feels strange to be so grateful to a stranger, but I am.  Grateful that a woman on the other side of the world made a courageous choice for her baby, that choice making me a mom to the most precious little girl.  I love you Grace and one day we'll think together about your birth mother on this day and find a way to honour her.

1 comment:

Jules and Danny said...

Grateful, yes! And rather confusing. I find Mother's Day and Molly's birthday both happy and sad. And I didn't expect the sad part. I end up being quite emotional. I need to find a way to get a handle on this.