I've been waiting...

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Last Day of Freedom, sniff, sniff...

Today is my last official day of parental leave.  I return to work on Tuesday after our holiday weekend, ugh.  I've totally enjoyed the time away from work and of course getting to know Grace.  I wanted to spend the day just relaxing with Grace and enjoying each others' company so we hung out at home all morning, playing outside and planting flowers.  Later we went for a nice long walk in the stroller, 2 hours!  It was such a gorgeous day!  Of course we had to make a couple of stops at the local playgrounds so Grace could get out and stretch her legs!  We went out and bought more flowers for the garden (I love my gardens!!!!) and stopped for ice cream at McDonalds, yummy!  Grace always forgets that she likes ice cream, pushing it away initially until I can get a spoonful into her mouth, then she devours it!!!!  Too funny!  The day ended with a visit at Heather and Brian's place and a quick stop in at mom and dad's.  It was my nephew's first birthday and we had a mini celebration with cupcakes.  The big party is coming on Sunday, yeah!




5 comments:

Little One said...

What have you arranged for child care? Going back to teaching is hard. Letting other people raise your child so you can raise other children is how I see it. And so I run out the door at 3:30 when the bell rings to get back to my baby :). How was the first day back?

Anonymous said...

Look at Grace! You can tell how she likes ice cream :) K

Jules and Danny said...

I hope yesterday went well. I was thinking of you for much of the day. Good luck!

dayna said...

Hope your first week back went okay. I'm sure it was so hard to leave Grace!!

Suzanne said...

First week back wasn't so bad. It was hard leaving Grace but leaving her with my parents made it ok.