I've been waiting...

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sleep!

Whoo Hoo!!!!  Tonight I put Grace in her crib, kissed her, said goodnight and told her I was going down to the kitchen to do my work and then, I walked out of her room.  SHE WENT TO SLEEP!!!!!!!!  First time ever!!!!  I have always had to stay in her room until she was out cold.  If I even stood up she screamed.  Tonight Grace was dead tired from refusing to nap (I can't have it all can I???!!!?) so I thought it was as good a night as any to try it out.  It took a while but, no screaming, just tossing and turning and then off to dreamland!!!  I'm thrilled and so proud of her!  Could this be a glimmer of light at the end of our long sleep issue tunnel????
 





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi you two.
I could not be happier for each of you as far as this sleep issue, hope it lasts a very long time.
I wish I could sleep, it's around 3:00 in the morning as I send you this from Toronto(oops you now know who this is....lol). I am still in bed though.
Hopefully each of you are also enjoying a great night sleep.
I did look out my window to find a blanket of snow, trust the same can be found there.
Smile you have so much to smile about.....okay now you really know who this is(laugh here)

Catherine said...

What a wonderful gift! Hope it continues for you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Suzanne, I can so relate. I also had to stay in my daughter's room for months and months after we came home from China. She would also wake up 5 to 7 times per night because of the noises (we live on a busy street) and I would have to go and put my hand on her back and then she would fall back asleep. I remember, when I had gone back to work, she was still waking up 2 or 3 times per night... My daughter was NOT a sleeper, but if I can offer any consolation... She started sleeping 12 hour nights after age 3 (with no nap in afternoon) and from there on - bedtime, and nights were smooth sailing. She's 8 now, and goes to bed at 7:30 and wakes up at 6:30. Rarely does she wake up at night.

I'm very happy for you guys and hope you gain some comfort and encouragement in my experience that I share.

Diane, mom to LJ