I've been waiting...

Friday, January 25, 2013

Happy New Year!

Sorry for the delay in posting but for those of you who know me personally, you know that both Grace and I have been quite sick and there's been a few things going on with my family that have just kept me preoccupied.  However, I'm back but still catching up on posts.  Here are a few pics from New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.  A Dutch tradition for New Year's Eve is to cook Oliebollen, a kind of Dutch pastry.  Delicious!  My dad spent time preparing the batter and cooking them, and we all enjoyed gobbling them up over the course of the evening.  Some of the older kids decorated a ginger bread house.  Not sure how much candy actually got on the house, I think most of it went into their mouths!  On New Year's Day we had our annual family get together, with all the cousins and aunts and uncles.  It's loud and busy and everyone eats a lot and Grace seemed to fit right in, not bothered at all by the big crowd of 40+ people!  I put her to bed after dinner and good for her, she slept right through everyone laughing and carrying on!

Laughing with Grandma




Yes, that really is underwear on their heads!  I picked them out!
                                         One for the house... one for my mouth....
Even when you're dressed in your best dress, a girl's still gotta play right?!?

High intensity game of Jenga between Kristin and niece A


Always trying to help out!

My girl takes her eating seriously!  Sometimes you just gotta get naked!

No comments: