I've been waiting...

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Moonlight Magic in Our Town

This is a post I wrote early in the Christmas season.  I didn't publish it right away because I needed to get the photo from my friend Heather.  I'll give you a chance to see it and then I'll fit it chronologically into its place.  Tomorrow I will hopefully get some time to publish our Christmas photos.  It seems I'm always a week behind in everything I do these days!!! LOL

My town hosted a Moonlight Magic evening recently where they light the tree at the Town Hall and then people wander around to various events.  There are carol singers and hot chocolate.  Marshmallows being toasted on open fires.  Horse-drawn wagon rides and real live reindeer to check out.  They also have a Santa spot outside, where children line up to tell Santa their deepest desires and parents stand around snapping photos of their lovely darlings sitting on Santa's knee.  So I absolutely have to partake of these festivities now that Grace is here!  Even though Grace still has no idea who Santa is, what a reindeer might be capable of on Christmas eve, and can't drink hot chocolate or eat marshmallows, still I have to go.  So I called up my friend Heather and off we went, kids bundled up in strollers.  It was a beautiful evening and we had a good time wandering the streets.  Eventually we get in line for our chance to talk to Santa.  Grace waited as patiently as she could, really she did.  But the wait was long and eventually she started fussing.  Heather kept our spot in line and I started walking Grace in the stroller to keep her occupied.  By the time it was our turn to see Santa, here's what I encountered.  So precious for her first Santa visit!!!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

LOL! What a great first pic with Santa! I'm guessing it might be the quieter picture option too as she might have been none too impressed with the jolly old man himself! :o)

Anonymous said...

Too funny! What a great picture! Thanks for the visit yesterday, it was fun watching Grace walk around! K