I've been waiting...

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Family Day

Finally getting a chance to catch up from the week.  Family Day was quiet but fun for Grace and I. We attended a local Snow Festival which was fun for a little while.  We saw a guy doing a tree carving and I pulled her around on the toboggan and we ate Beaver Tails but really there wasn't that much for a baby and a mom who is pulling a baby on a toboggan to do.  I think we'll wait a few years before going again.  Later in the day however my parents came for dinner.  That was fun and it was my first real attempt at cooking a whole meal since Grace has come home.  I think it turned out ok and at least no one went home hungry!  It was a nice way to celebrate Family Day.



I forgot to add photos of the book I gave Grace for Valentine's Day. For those of you that know me personally you'll see why this book was so appropriate.  I've only included the first few pages but it goes on to describe how I will teach her music and crafts, etc. and ends with how I will tuck her in each night because she means the world to me.  Got the tissues ready??!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beaver Tails I haven't had one in years! Went to the pre-AGM meeting earlier today, looking forward to next week believe it or not. Wish you were going!

That book might make me cry if I read the whole thing. Sweet.

Nilia

Catherine said...

Beaver tails? Yummo! That in itself is a reason to go!

Great book! I need to look for that one.