I've been waiting...

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

An August Full Moon

A full moon tonight.  I remember very clearly the full moon last August, right about this time.  I was finishing last minute preparations of Grace's room, packing for China, shopping for coming home and overall just rushing around.  But I very clearly remember that full moon.  It was hot and I sat outside on the deck late that night, watching the full moon, thinking about my upcoming motherhood and a child who I had yet to meet face to face but already knew I loved.  I had sent a picture book to Grace's orphanage in China weeks before I would get there, with my voice recorded, reading the story.  I had to record it a few times because my voice kept breaking, it was such an emotional experience.  The story was about being under the same moon, even though we are on opposite sides of the world.  A beautiful story about wishing two people could be together.  I wrote a post about it, you can find it by clicking here.  It's so strange to think back to that time.  I've been thinking about it a lot recently, my time just before Grace.  It was such an exciting time, so full of anticipation.  Now, here we are, almost a year later and it's so hard to remember what it was like to not be up half the night, to get up early and have a quiet coffee on the deck, to be out late.  I miss it, yes, and am currently working on some writing about that, but, one thing I know for sure, being a mom trumps it all!

No comments: