I've been waiting...

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Sitting on a Plane

One year ago at this moment I was sitting on a plane, half way between my old life and my new life.  I was full of anticipation, adrenaline, fear and overall excitement about what lie ahead for me.  With only a few photos and doctors' notes to prepare me, I anxiously waited as the plane brought me closer and closer to my new life as a mom to Grace.  I had no idea what I was in for, sitting on that plane.  I imagined quiet, calm days where Grace and I would cuddle and read books together.  Instead I got a firecracker of a girl who is always on the go, full of hugs yes, but only for a moment as there is always something else to explore.  I imagined having all this "free time" because Grace would sleep from 7 till 7 and would nap for two hours a day (it really did say that in the notes!!!LOL). I just imagined.  And none of it has turned out as I had imagined but wow, has it ever turned out great!

No comments: