I've been waiting...

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Lynda and Eddy's Wedding, Part 2

So the wedding.  It was wet.  It rained and then it stopped and then it rained again.  And again.  And again.  And it was beautiful and we had fun anyway!  The rain sort of held off for the ceremony thank goodness.  I could hear distant thunder and felt a few splashes of rain but at least we were able to get through the ceremony.  Grace did amazing in her "flower girl" role.  I gave her the flower basket and as soon as I told her to bring her flowers to Grandma and pointed out where Grandma was standing, she marched right up the walkway and threw the basket into Grandma's arms!!  I was so proud of her!!!  Baby K unfortunately wasn't quite as interested in cooperating as ring bearer but he managed as best as any 14 month baby would!  He looked adorable with his dad and brothers in his matching suit.  I found out that getting ready for a wedding is different when you have a two year old. You have to plan ahead and move fast!  With Grace at my leg, there was no hope for a fancy hair-do, and only one coat of nail polish would have to suffice!  Here's a few pics of the ceremony, etc.







"Let's get this show on the road already!"

The bride

The groom


The whole family

Matching flowers!



This is right about when we decided to make our exit, Grace and I.  She was done!

Once the ceremony was over, everyone relaxed with drinks all around the property while pictures were being taken and it remained dry.  Grace found the water fountain by the pond and played for a long time, reaching her hands into the running water.  Her lovely flower girl dress was soaked but she didn't care!!!! 

 During dinner, I chose to take Grace for stroller walk and let her have a little power nap, the best thing I could have probably done.  She had reached her limit with the people and the festivities and we all had a nicer dinner and speeches for it.  As you can see, baby K had a nap in his own way!!!  Too cute!

The night continued with speeches and clinking glasses and kisses.  I don't think anyone went away hungry there was so much food!  My dad and brother roasted a side of beef.  I wish I had gotten a photo of my dad wearing his one piece haz-mat suits over his wedding attire!  Here's a pic of a family friend, Al, helping him out (I think ??)

The night continued with dancing.  Nephew D entertained us with the bagpipes and both nieces danced together, a first for them I think.  They all did great!


Then the real dancing started and after he got warmed up (not sure exactly what "warmed" him up but a little alcohol may have been involved!!LOL)  our quiet shy and reserved Eddy let loose with some of his own cool dance moves.  His daughter A joined in and had a blast dancing in the rain!!!



Dancing with Grandma




It's always nice to have Cozy Blanket near by.....





Matching flowers in our hair!  It was the only way I could get Grace to keep hers in




Overall everyone had a good time and made the best of the weather.  I barely had time to get my camera out it seemed so I'm sure other people have better photos than I do of the wedding.  I'll add more if I can get my hands on them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really loved looking at all the pictures, it looks like it was a complete success, love the seating!! Hope to do something together soon before school starts, eek!
-Nilia