I've been waiting...

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Family Camping 2013

It's taken me a while to get this post done, sorry about that family!!  My archaic computer takes forever to upload photos and I needed a night with a large chunk of time.  I don't really have it tonight either, I have lots of things I should be doing for work, but I don't want to put it off any longer.  So, imagine, this is Monday, September 9 and here it goes!

Imagine the scene....20 people all crammed onto a camp site at Awenda Provincial Park.  Now imagine the scene again.... in the rain. That was Family Camping Trip 2013.  And yet, if you were to ask any of us, I'm pretty sure the answer would be the same, "It was fun!!!!"

Here is a photo journal of some of the highlights, with commentary of course!!!

Putting up a dining tent (in the rain of course!!)


Some people just aren't Happy Morning People like me!!!lol

My brother Bill does look a little wet however.... I guess that's his excuse!
I suppose Kristin is bordering on Happy!!!




 Grace and Grandpa sharing breakfast time together


Grace!  How many times do I have to tell you.... Don't play between parked cars!

Walking Baby down the road


Grace, always trying to be helpful...


Niece F. figured out a way to entertain a two year old on a rainy afternoon.  Thanks F!!!!  Grace loves having her fingernails painted


Walking the boardwalk during a brief recess from the rain.  It was a beautiful walk fully accessible with the stroller.  I recommend it to anyone visiting the park.


Grace, of course, had to make a quick stop to dance in the stream!


The boys and I thought this was a big rock.......


Until we spotted this one!  Now that's a big rock!!!



Baby K knows how to hike in style!!!!!!!  
Hiking and napping, a new combination for sure!


Just play where you want to play, even if it's at the bottom of the stairs...

Firefighter K!!!  Sadly, I don't think I can call him Baby K anymore!


Can you see the rain falling on our lovely campfire???!!!!


And.... let the games begin.......








Grace, multi-tasking!

Stealing Aunt Carolyn's tea


Grace just goofing off!



Who says boys can't do pink??! You go guy!!!

Grace making pancakes for the hungry crew!

Grace getting a free ride from Uncle Rich!

Grace telling Uncle Bill just how things are going to go down!
"Can I please play with your Fridge Jungle Grace?"  Grace isn't looking too sure


That poor raccoon!


Nephew A. sporting his Beiber hairstyle!


This is what it looks like when only some of my family goes on a hike.  Yes, only some. We look like a bus tour!!!


Hey, look, it's a Boy tree!!!!

Never go into the woods without a snack, right F!??!

Finally reached the Dunes

Nephew S. giving me his best pose.  He loves having his picture taken!!  Not!

Just a nice shot of a cute couple

Just in case you were wondering, yes I was actually there, I'm just always the one holding the camera!!

Feeding nephew C his cookie.  His hands were dirty, what's a guy gonna do??!!!


Grace and I on the rock just down from our campsite, so cool!



And finally on Sunday afternoon, the sun came out.  It was still a little cool, I certainly didn't brave the water, but the boys and Carolyn did and they had a blast!


S. enjoying the beach as much as he always does!  Apparently he doesn't like the sand!

Later however, I caught him having fun with Grace!

You're never too old to build a castle in the sand

Overall, a great weekend for family and fun.  Thanks so much to our parents for hosting and keeping it all running smoothly.  I can't wait to do it again, maybe with a little more sunshine and warmth!

No comments: