I've been waiting...

Monday, January 23, 2012

Kung Hei Fat Choy!

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! The year of the dragon, a powerful mythical creature that according to my research on the ever-so-reliable wikipedia represents an emperor and power in ancient China. Today, it is the ultimate symbol signifying success and happiness. May this year of the Dragon bring great success and happiness to you. I feel confident it will for me. I read in my zodiac horoscope that I will experience life-altering changes in the upcoming year. Whatever could they mean??? LOL!
I have been celebrating Chinese New Year in mildly entertaining ways over the past couple of days. Saturday afternoon I went to a local Asian restaurant with two friends for lunch. I gave the chopsticks the old college try but had to give up in order to finish my meal at the same time as my friends! Saturday night was my dad's birthday and he and my mom as well as my aunt and uncle came for dinner. A big feast of ribs to celebrate the big day for dad!

To celebrate New Year's eve Sunday night, I treated myself to Chinese take-out and practised my chopstick skills once again! From the amount of food that falls off I have a feeling I will be very hungry in China! Oh well, I will probably be too busy chasing a baby around to eat anything anyway. From what I've read on peoples' experiences who have been there, done that, people either love the food in China or detest it and can't wait to get back home to their own food. I consider myself a very adventurous eater so I hope I will fall into the "love" category.

As I close off the night, I think about my daughter, a baby girl whom I have never even met yet. I'm hoping she is part of a happy day, a feast, a party, celebrating with people who care about her. Happy New Year baby girl! This will be our last year apart I'm sure!

No comments: