I've been waiting...

Friday, January 13, 2012

Let the Rumours Begin!

I checked Rumour Queen this morning and she posted that China is "organizing paperwork and getting ready to match." Whoo-hoo! This is good news because it means referrals will be coming soon! Just before referrals happen, rumours abound about how many days will be referred and who will get "the call." Further to my previous post, each month China matches and refers several files from families around the world. It takes them sometimes several days to organize paperwork, several days to match the files and then usually within a day or two of matching, referrals are sent out to the various adoption agencies. This is the moment a family will "get the call" from their agency, meaning they have been matched to a child and will now receive information about that child. Sometimes it is a few days between when you get the call and when you receive pictures and information and from what I hear,this time in between is the slowest passing of time you can ever imagine!

Rumour Queen is a website, actually called www.chinaadopttalk.com where I get most of my information about referrals and a wide variety of adoption issues. Rumour Queen is the "name" of the woman who manages and writes the blog/site. She has two children who were born in China and she is a wealth of information for me. I check the site every day, sometimes more than once around referral time.

Ok, off to work now before I'm late! Just like China, I will be organizing paperwork this weekend as it is time to start writing report cards soon!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Yay Suzanne! You have a blog!

It was wonderful to see you tonight and share in your excitement knowing that 2012 will be the year that your meet your sweet Grace!!! Praying for both of you as you wait for this time!

When I was in my final stages as you are, I made a quick note on a calendar each day sharing what I was doing that day. It was fun to look back after receiving my referral and realizing what I did the day Hannah was born!!