I've been waiting...

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Up to August 15



The Chinese New Year festivities continue! Last night I treated my niece and nephew to a feast at the Mandarin. They had lots of special treats available to celebrate the new year and I think we tried them all!!!! D. especially enjoyed the desserts!! Is 4 plates of dessert ever a bad thing?? I'm not sure there were any left for the other customers!

Tonight I am off again to celebrate with the families in my town who have adopted from China. We meet at a local restaurant and have a good time. I will be inviting them to check out the blog too!

So referrals came out last week for LIDs up to August 15. It's so exciting to see all of the people reporting receiving their referral package and when I check out their blogs, the pictures are so adorable!!! The families are so over the moon when they send out their news.

Like I said previously, this is a very small batch of referrals however, it seems to me this is becoming the new norm. Every time I think I am a step closer, I fall two steps back. That being said, I am still 5 days closer to receiving my referral!!! There are now only 29 days left between this batch and my Log-in date (Sept 13). Even if they keep up this incredibly slow pace of 5 or 6 days worth of files a month, I am still looking at a late spring referral.

In the places I go on the internet to check out information, there is much talk about a gap in LIDs (Log-in dates) in August. Apparently there are no files (or very, very few files) logged into China for 10 days at the end of August. This is good news! It's good news because it means The Centre for Adoption Affairs in China has no choice but to process many days at once at some point. So I may soon see a great surprise jump in days referred. I will keep you posted on that! My friend and her husband are LID August 29, so they are getting extremely close, especially if they suddenly jump from the 19th to the 29th! If this post is not making sense to you, refer to one of my very first posts in January where I explained how the referral process works. My sister checks out Rumour Queen and has asked that I provide a little glossary of acronym terms and explanations as well. I'm working on that and will get it out soon.

PS. I am QUITE impressed with myself that I figured out how to put in pictures on my blog. You have no idea what an accomplishment that is for someone as computer stunned as me. And I didn't even need help from my nieces and nephews!

No comments: