I've been waiting...

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Thanks Ladies!

It's been a busy weekend with report card preparation and get togethers. Saturday afternoon I met with a group of women who are all single mothers. We chat on a yahoo group often and have regular get togethers. I have known some of them for several years now, since I started my own journey to motherhood, and we laughed yesterday about how we will need to have a big party when my referral finally happens. I met them when they had newborns and now their children are going off to school! How time flies! I also met with the China Waiting Mommies group last night for dinner. This is a group of women who have all adopted. It started out as mostly women adopting from China but has grown to include other countries as well. I have really gotten to know them well over the years and everyone is really excited that my referral is coming soon. There is one other woman in the group who has waited it out like me. Her Log-in date, or LID is August 29, so she and her husband expect their referral a couple of months before me. The two of us had fun last night chatting about how we will decorate the baby's room, what we need for travel and all the cute outfits there are for little girls. Dinner was great like usual and dessert was even better!!! These two groups have been a great support for me over the years as the wait stretched out to six times what it was supposed to be and I don't know where I would have been without them! Thanks Ladies! I gave everyone an invitation to my new blog, so hopefully they will be able to follow along too. I had found this great paper with paper lanterns on it, kind of Chinese looking and red envelopes. My big plan was to take my blog info to Staples and photocopy it for them on this great paper. Staples however, does not allow you photocopy on anything but their own paper so I ended up sticking a few stickers on plain white paper and giving it out that way. Sort of like the ones I handed out at Christmas that went on plain white paper as well!! I have good intentions of making it fancy, it just didn't work out that way! Ok, enough procrastinating, back to report cards!

4 comments:

Michael and Tammy said...

Soooo excited about your blog!! I was serious when I said you should come down and we can spend the day together! I can help you with any blog questions too (well try).

This is going to be a very exciting year for us for sure!

Rachael said...

Yay. I did it. Well I think I did..tap tap..is this thing on?? I've never officially followed a blog before so am very excited that this is my first!

Suzanne said...

too funny Rachael! I'm glad to know there is someone who may be even less knowledegable about the whole blog thing than I am!!!!

Jules and Danny said...

So glad I found your blog again. I am so excited for you! Can't wait to read about the beautiful little girl you will be bringing home.