I've been waiting...

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2013!




Happy Easter 2012 everyone although I can't wait for Easter 2013! Spent the day with family: Church, hiking through the forest, swimming and having a big turkey feast. I asked the kids when they arrived at my parents, who had chocolate for breakfast, and D. announced that was all he had eaten all day so far!!!!! :) Good for him, you're only young once!

Not that I'm wishing my life away but I can't wait for next Easter! I feel grateful that this will be my last big holiday without my little one. I spent the day imagining next Easter, putting on her bunny pajamas (that are already waiting for her in the closet!), hiding treats in the most obvious places for her to find early in the morning, dressing up in a cute spring dress for church (already waiting in her closet!), and celebrating with family.

Here is a picture of my sweet baby's Easter pajamas for next year. They were so cute with bunnies all over them, I couldn't resist, and the little jacket is adorable. It was a hand-me down but we'll see if it still fits next year. The bunnies are from the various years I've been waiting. The small purple one will go into my care package to China after I receive my referral. The big brown bunny has the year 2012 on it's foot. I thought that was sort of poignant since I will finally meet my daughter in 2012 however she will most likely have been born in the Chinese year of the rabbit.

An update about my friends Tammy and Mike. They received information about their daughter this past week. She is from Kunming City, Yunnan province and was 7 months old on April 3. She is adorable and they are incredibly happy! Congratulations to both of them!


3 comments:

Catherine said...

Happy Easter! So many adorable bunny outfits! Grace is going to look adorable!

The Redhead said...

Love all the items you have ready for her arrival and the planning for next year--how exciting!!! and I'm sure "finally!!!"
Can't wait to read your Easter post next year :)

Suzanne said...

Thanks Catherine and Princess D. I can't wait to write my next year's Easter post as well!