I've been waiting...

Monday, April 30, 2012

Baby Showapalooza!

This weekend was busy! Friday night I was in Hamilton at a funeral visitation with some colleagues.  Saturday I had two baby events to go to as well as a concert with my sister and her husband.  So here are the details....

First thing Saturday morning, I went to a Mom-to-Mom sale at the local community centre.  There were lots of goodies to look at and buy.  This whole boy thing has got me a little freaked out so I held off on buying any clothes but it was fun to look.  After that, I met up with my friends Tammy and Rhonda and their husbands at the Baby Show in the city.  We had a great time looking at all the newest gadgets for baby.  My goodness, you can certainly outfit a baby in style these days.  There were strollers and high chairs there that looked comfortable enough even I wanted to lounge around in them!  I held off on buying too many new items but  I did get quite a few freebies.  Here's a picture of me coming home with my loot!

I had made ID cards for the girls and I that had an ultrasound picture with a map of China in the middle of it, since our children are waiting to meet us in China instead of our bellies.  Here's what it looked like, cute, huh?!

Saturday night I went to see the Skydiggers with C and R.  This was a great band that we saw a lot of during the 90's in and around Toronto.  It was a little nostalgic and brought back some fond memories.  As always, C and R were great hosts and made me feel welcome, thanks Sis!  Sunday, after church, C and I went to the garden centre for the first time this season.  I plan to really scale back on plant buying this year but I picked up a few new selections that I will baby for a couple more weeks until it is warm enough for them to be outside permanently.  After that, we indulged in a few card games.  I just want it on record that my nephew S and I won all three games against C and R...  Not that I'm competitive or anything, I'm just putting it out there as a little FYI for the rest of you!  LOL!!!

4 comments:

The Redhead said...

What a great weekend, besides the funeral visitation :(
It had to have been hard to hold off on the clothes, but seeing that there could be a chance your child is a boy, or a smidge older, it was smart!
I'd be the one losing the card game and just figuring you must have been cheating somehow ;) lol!
Great job on getting some loot momma!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Suzanne, I cannot believe how much I have been missing on your blog since I last checked in. Thanks for all your postings.
For the record, we did not so much lose those games in cards as we gave them away with grace and creativity... (plus S. cheats).
Love,
R!

Suzanne said...

Oh, you lost those card games fair and square!!!! We all know it! S and I can't help it if we are just more skilled that way. But don't worry, it's ok to be mediocre (sp??? Apparently I'm mediocre at spelling!) You can't be good at everything!!! LOL
Thanks for catching up with the blog. Be sure to check in often as things ramp up for my referral!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The ultrasound pcture is adorable. She/he will love it.
Lisa