I've been waiting...

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What if It's a Boy???

OK.  So, what if it's a boy?  I hadn't really thought much about that possibility until now.  And now, I'm freaking out.  What if it's a boy???  I love boys, don't get me wrong.  I have 7 nephews and I love every one of them.  It's just that I've had my head around a girl for so long now that I don't know what I'd do if I was referred a boy.  This last batch of referrals from earlier this week had some surprises in it.  There were a few boy referrals (not impossible from China, but still somewhat unusual) as well as some babies that were quite a bit older than usual (up to 3 years old).  So now, I'm thinking, what if this happens to me?  Will I be ready for it?  Will I be prepared mentally for such a different scenario than I've imagined for the past 8 years?  While I know it's still not likely,  I have to prepare myself for the possibility that I may have a son instead of a daughter.  What will I call him?  I haven't even thought of boy names really.  It's different and it's gonna take some getting used to.  I hope he likes pink!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh ooooh I'll help you pick boy names!!! I'm good at those! LOL!

Nice seeing you last night, but you are so sneaky with the school-related news, what a poker face you have!!

Nilia

Elisabeth said...

Whatever God gifts you with, you will be the most wonderful mother that a child could ever have. You know the story about the starfish and the little boy on the beach...well, this child is your star(fish) and for this one child, you will be the most special person in his/her life...forever.

Suzanne said...

thank you so much Elisabeth for your thoughtful comment and for taking the time to listen to me yesterday. I appreciated the chance to voice my concerns and worries. What else is new about me, I'm a worrier by nature, it's just who I am!!!

Anonymous said...

As a single mom to one of each, I think that being open to a lttle boy is a step in the right direction. It will leave you at peace to enjoy the excitment that is building up. I was appoved to adopt my second child...a girl, but when the list came out, there was a little boy who matched my parameters exactly. I asked for his file and was smitten. He is the perfect little guy for my family. Have fun picking a name and enjoy the next few months as your wait comes to an end and the best time of your life starts
Nancy, mom to a girl and a boy

Suzanne said...

Thanks Nancy and welcome to the blog!

The Redhead said...

It would be strange, especially having this dream come true and then having something that throws ya for a loop, not a bad loop, just a loop :)
I am thinking, when the time finally comes ;), that I would choose a girl too. It's comfortable to me, I have only sister, only nieces, and mostly only babysat girls. But I could see finding the perfect child for me, and he turns out to be a boy. I'm sure he'd love the kai lan backpack I recently purchased, right?! ;)