I've been waiting...

Sunday, April 1, 2012

News tomorrow for friends?

I am anxiously waiting for news tomorrow about my friends Tammy and Mike. They are with the same agency as me with a Log-in date of August 29. They received word that they have been matched with a referral but have not gotten any information yet about the new little addition to their family. They hope to receive photos and other information tomorrow or Tuesday. I can't wait to see the baby's pictures. I'll bet they won't sleep a wink tonight waiting for news.

I have begun thinking about the things I want to send to China in a care package when I receive my referral. It's sometimes possible to send a package of useful and playful items to the orphanage ahead of time, before I arrive to pick up my child. A blanket that I've slept with for awhile, a stuffed animal, a book with my recorded voice are some of the ideas I have. I found the recordable books the other day at Hallmark and had to hold myself back from buying one. They are so cute but a little expensive! I will have to choose carefully.

Below are some pictures of March Break bowling with the nieces and nephews! I am so bad at bowling but it's fun.










5 comments:

Catherine said...

Excited for Tammy and Mike and then praying it will be your turn SOON!

Love your ideas for Grace's care package!

Nilia said...

Oh Suzanne, I am *so excited for you! *SO* close!!!

XO

The Redhead said...

I just bought one of those Hallmark books on Friday evening. I decided on the Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, since the stars are making me feel close to a little one I know nothing about and is so far away at this time. It is her Easter 2012 present. I plan to do the same with it as you do!!!
Hoping your friends referral things went well!

Suzanne said...

I think Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is the one I will probably go with also. I liked it a lot. I am worried that it will be too heavy to ship overseas though so I may have to re-think that one! I think I remember them selling cards that record your voice, maybe that would work.

Suzanne said...

Love you picture French Teacher! The Eiffel Tower, how smart are you!!!!