I've been waiting...

Monday, April 23, 2012

Let's Get This Party Started!

Well, September has started!  I couldn't be more excited!!!  Referrals came out today for people logged in between September 1 and 4, 2006.  That's the first September referrals and it feels great!  4 more stones out of my Waiting Jar and 4 days closer to my own referral.  For the past 5 years it has felt like this day might never come where I see people in my month getting referrals.  I don't even know them personally but I feel like I do because we've supported each other through Rumour Queen and other online sites for a long time now so to hear their good news is like hearing good news about an old friend, someone who you may no longer keep in close contact with but are happy for them just as if you had spoken yesterday.

Onto other exciting news, people from my September group are organizing an online Cyber Shower to help us celebrate our referrals.  I've been matched up with a woman in the States (I don't want to reveal too much in case she reads this blog!! Shh!)  We're going to purchase gifts and surprises for each other and send them by May 20.  It's so exciting to think about this group of people from all over the world, brought together through adoption, feeling a connection and receiving gifts from each other.  I'm hoping we can find a way for us to set a time to open them all together while we are online.  I don't know if that will work because the poor souls from Europe or Australia may not appreciate opening gifts in the middle of the night!  Anyone have suggestions about how we might be able to swing that?  Maybe we'll just have to post pictures of us opening our gifts?  Either way, it's prompting me to register at Toys R Us this week.  I'm not hugely comfortable with gift registries for a few reasons, I did not think I would do it, but being that my gift buddy doesn't really know anything about me or what I like/need, etc I thought I should at least give them a starting point.

I wanted to add music to this post, maybe something a little "party-like" (I'm thinking,  "I'm So Excited" by the Pointer Sisters) because I'm so excited that they have started referring September files.  However I don't know how to do it.  I don't want a video necessarily, just background music. Anyone that can help, can you shoot me an email or comment here to get me started?

1 comment:

The Redhead said...

I can't help you with the music part, in fact I'd like to know how too :)
Awww your gift exchange between your month group sounds wonderful! So excited, for all of you :)