I've been waiting...

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

On Third Thought....

I had my first post placement meeting/report today with my social worker and it got me thinking.  A lot has changed in the past month.  
I was trying to be coy in my writing yesterday on our one month anniversary, trying to imply that even though I am still exhausted, still unsure about how to do everything to care for my little girl, still overwhelmed by the importance of my job of being Grace's mother, that even though I still feel all those things, I wouldn't trade it for anything!  
However, speaking to my social worker today made me think, so much has changed in the past month.  
My life is almost unrecognizable from what it was before Grace and I love it.  She has found a special place in my heart that has more love in it than I could have ever imagined.  Love that lets me get up several times each night to soothe her back to sleep and to lie on a mattress on the floor next to her crib, chop up fruit and veggies into tiny pieces, make bottle after bottle of warm milk and formula.  Love that makes me smile as I do yet another load of laundry and love that makes just going for a walk in the stroller an amazing experience.  Grace has shown so so much growth, both physically and emotionally.  She readily comes to me to be picked up and wants me to soothe her when she bumps, she talks to me in "Grace talk" (only her and I understand it, and maybe a little bit by Grandma!!LOL) she smiles and laughs out loud when  I play with her and sing to her and encourages me to chase her around the living room by taking off and looking back to see if I am following.  Grace has gone from barely sitting up a month ago to almost standing by herself.  She's eating solid food and is beginning to pick up pieces to feed herself.  She's learned some tricks these past couple of days too which I will save for a post later this week.  They are so cute to watch on video.  
She's done amazing in this one month and I hope she thinks I have too.  

Grace and I out on Thanksgiving Day





Grace wearing her Fashion hat.  She's cool like that!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really nice pictures! Wee Grace is on the move! K

Sarah said...

You two look alike! What wonderful pictures. You both look so joyful! Congratulations on your new family!

Catherine said...

I love hearing of all the wonderful ways your life has changed in the past month! You'll be so thankful that you've documented too as Grace continues to grow, change, learn, love and your love for her grows and grows and....GROWS!!!

Precious pics! Love the smiles on your face too! You waited so patiently and God is honouring your faith exponentially!

Anonymous said...

Haha I see you holding her hands so she doesn't rip that hat off!! I've had kids and I'm onto you!!

I see changes with every picture of Grace, she is so beautiful, I loved meeting her and seeing you with her. Her world totally revolves around you, you must be feeling awesome!!

Can't wait to hear all about her new tricks!! Gav asked me to ask you when she is going to say her first word? :O)

XO

Nilia

Suzanne said...

You're right Catherine, I feel like I have been specially blessed by God having Grace in my life. She is such a wonderful baby, I feel so lucky and thankful!!!!

Suzanne said...

Nilia, I thought I heard Grace say "rats!" the other day, a little trick my dad is teaching her :{ I think I was only imagining it though - I want her first word to be mommy!!!

Lisa said...

You are an awesome Mom! I really enjoyed spending time with you and your little Grace...it is so evident how much she loves you! She's a doll!