I've been waiting...

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

One Month

One month ago today Grace was placed in my arms for the first time, crying, looking terrified and wanting nothing to do with me.  What a change I've seen in just one short month.  She doesn't want me out of her sight for even a minute and when I hold her she touches my face with her hand, gently, just to keep me close and let me know she needs me.  Our love for each other grows stronger every day and it's hard to believe I can feel more joy at being her mom today than I did even yesterday!

4 comments:

Ellie said...

What a wonderful post.... and it keeps on getting better and better. Macy and I have been together for almost 3 1/2 years, and each day is wonderful.

Catherine said...

Congratulations Mommy! An entire month together and SO many great changes! Fun pic of you together.

Anonymous said...

There are no words to express how happy I'm for you. Cannot wait to meet her. Blessing on your 1st Thanksgiving together,
Ruth Kenny

Lory said...

Congratulations to both of you! She's beautiful and VERY VERY lucky to have you as her mommy!! XOXO