I've been waiting...

Saturday, February 18, 2012

cut-off Aug 21

It has been confirmed that the next cut-off date for referrals is Aug 21, 2006. That hurts. A lot. It is barely a handful of families world-wide and I can't contain my disappointment in such a small batch of referrals this month.

I, along with everyone else in the China adoption circle was hoping that the 10 days of no one logged in during August would make a difference, forcing China to refer a large number of days. China however, has a different perspective and will not alter from their contrived slow-down of the process. This exact disappointment, this handful of referrals, has happened on this journey more times than I can count and it stings every time but the closer I get to seeing my baby's face, the harder the disappointing months of waiting become.

I know I sound bitter right now but I feel blindsided and frustrated and angry and it will take a few days to re-group. I will come back to my excitement and happiness about this journey, just not today.

6 comments:

dayna said...

I'm so sorry Suzanne. I saw that on RQ and thought of you. I can only imagine how you must feel.

Jules and Danny said...

Aww Suzanne. That just sucks! Nothing else to say on that subject. I was so hoping for good news for you and Tammy and all the others that are still waiting... Pray for strength to continue and I will pray along with you.
Jules

Catherine said...

So sorry Suzanne. My heart hurts for you today. The wait is beyond difficult but soon, SOON you will look at pictures of your daughter and life will get so much better! ((hugs))

Nilia said...

:O(

Hang in there. <3

Lucy B. said...

My prayers are with you!!

Suzanne said...

Thanks Lucy, I'm glad you had a chance to read the blog. And don't worry, not all of the posts are doom and gloom, many are happy posts!