I've been waiting...

Monday, February 27, 2012

Ah, the life of a student...

So, as I mentioned my nephew S. came up last weekend to my parents to enjoy his week off school. While up here, he claims sole custody of the TV and PVR and watches every show you can imagine a 20something man to watch. He sleeps late, walks the dog, doesn't have to agree on TV choices with his brothers, beats my parents at card games, helps out my dad a little around the house or at work, but mostly just relaxes. Oh to have some of that life back!

He and I went out to Swiss Chalet for dinner Friday night. I really like spending time with each of my nieces and nephews. They each have such different and interesting personalities and I feel so lucky to be close with each of them. Everyone is busy these days and I don't see any of them as often as I used to, but it makes the times I do see them that much more special.

Saturday my sister and nephew A. came over to pick up S. and bring him back to reality. My other sister, L. came by also with her fiance and the three kids. There was a full house of swimming and monopoly and hockey games on TV. Lots of fun!

On Sunday, I hosted a get together with my SMC group, which stands for Single Mothers by Choice. We had a busy afternoon, swimming at my parents' pool and feasting on snacks and treats. I've known some of these women for several years now and it's been great watching their children grow up.

No comments: