I've been waiting...

Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Agony and the Ecstasy

Still waiting for news on the next set of files being matched and referrals being sent. Waiting for news this month feels like torture. It seems like it is taking forever. It's not, it just feels like it! China only sends out referrals about once a month, but not quite, sometimes it's longer than a month between batches, for a total of 10 or 11 batches a year. So I know in my head it is still too early to expect to hear rumours about the next batch, but I can't help checking the website every morning and night, just in case. This next set of referrals will tell a lot I hope. They finished with August 21 last month and there is no one (we think) with log-in dates for the most of the remainder of August, until about August 28th or 29th. So.... they should be able to finish August with this next set of referrals. And you all know what comes after August don't you?? SEPTEMBER!!!!!! And that means me!!!!!!! September has a lot of people logged in so it is going to be a slow trek, we may see only some 1 or 2 day batches over the next couple of months, but at least I will still be moving closer to my date.

At church this morning, the priest talked about the agony and the ecstasy of daily life. It really struck a chord with me. I feel like this whole journey has been an experience in agony and ecstasy. Each day feels like that! What the wait has done to me emotionally and then the excitement of what is to come. The agony of small batches or skipped months with no referrals and the surprising excitement of big batches with lots of referrals. The wait of not getting things ready too soon and the excitement of panicking about not being ready. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster at an amusement park and can't get off. Somebody stop the ride!!! I'm ready for something quiet like the swan ride!

4 comments:

The Redhead said...

I can only imagine. . .
I haven't even gotten to the start of the process, except knowing it's what I want to do. I already think the wait has been long. I can only imagine over six years.
Praying that your ride is almost over, and the next roller coaster ride of going to get her will be soon :)

Catherine said...

You're on a stroller coaster of fun that will continue with lots of great dips, hills and turns for years to come! Cannot wait until we know who your sweet daughter riding with you will be!!!

Nilia said...

Agony and Ecstasy, so well-put. I can't wait for your happy ending!

Suzanne said...

I like that phrase "stroller coaster" Catherine! I may steal that to use sometime in a post! Maybe I could title it: The Great Stroller Coaster Ride...slowest, yet craziest, most unpredictable amusement ride you will ever go on... I definitely see a post in here somewhere, I'm going to work on it!