I've been waiting...

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Gotta Find the Silver Lining Where You Can!

I'm so excited! I recently went to a Parental Leave workshop offered by my school board. And although I was definitely the oldest woman in the room (including the presenter!) it was still so exciting to be sitting in a room full of expectant parents, and finally being one of them! I found out some interesting information regarding my leave which will work in my favour I hope, allowing me to start my leave in September. Because adoption leave is shorter than maternity leave, 35 weeks as opposed to 52 weeks, if I started my leave in June or July when I travel, I would use up a good portion of my leave during a time when I am already on vacation and wouldn't be at work anyway. So, the good news is, it appears I can start my leave later, in September, giving me the full 35 weeks. Finally something goes my way! :) Since only a few months ago I thought I would be travelling now and things have slowed down even more, this is a little silver lining to the extra bit of waiting! Gotta find it where I can!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Great news! It will also be wonderful that you'll only have to work a couple of months and then be back off for summer vacation together! Praying your referral time works out so that you travel this summer!