I've been waiting...

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Family Day Weekend 2012


I had a great Family Day weekend. My parents and I went to Peterborough to visit my sister and her family on Saturday and Sunday. My nephew A. was in the pit band for his school play, Peter Pan. The school did a great job on the play, having the main characters hanging by wires, flying all over the place! We had a relaxing visit with everyone in the afternoon before the performance Saturday night.

After getting home from the play, of course there were several card games to be played. Who needs sleep when you have cards to keep you awake??! Sunday after church, we had a huge feast of waffles and the boys and I played an engaging game of Settlers of Catan. It's a great board game that I hardly ever win but I love that game!

Sunday afternoon, my sister and I went out shopping at HomeSense where I got a great light fixture for the baby's room. Here is a picture of the white version, although I got it in pink :)


Cool eh?!

All in all, a great weekend for family activity! And the best part was that S. my oldest nephew came home with us for the week. He has Reading Week so he's off school. S. and I went to a movie Monday afternoon, Safe House. Great movie, a little intense. S. being here for the week means only one thing.... more cards! Yeah! We played euchre after getting home from Peterborough and then another game or two Monday night. I can't wait to beat him again! I wonder if he's still up?

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Great weekend!! Love your light fixture for Grace's room! Just a heads up that touching those wonderful hanging beads will become a daily treat and game for her! :o)

We played 6 games of Settlers this weekend...and I lost every-single-time!! :o)

Suzanne said...

Thanks, I love the light fixture too. I've been very frugal with anything I have gathered to decorate the baby's room. Most of what I have has been hand-me-down items which is great because that allows me to splurge on one or two things I love!
Isn't Setters a great game? I keep telling my nephews it has just the right balance of skill and luck to keep me happy! Apparently you are like me though and rely more on the luck part!