I've been waiting...

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Finally, I'm in the First Column


Ahh, the sweet satisfaction of being in the first column!!!!  These are the projections for this coming month's referrals from China put out by a woman in the States, known as Rumour Queen, who keeps track of everything related to international adoption.  Each month Rumour Queen, whom I've referred to quite a bit here, puts out projections for the next set of referrals.  She examines the data from past months, how many days worth of files were matched, how many families that included, etc. and uses the information to make an estimate of when the next set of referrals will come out and how many days/files China will match.  Some months it makes sense that only a few days will be matched because there are large numbers of families logged in on those days.  Some months there should be several days worth of files matched because there are hardly any files logged into China (funny, this never seems to happen though!).  This information is what I use to gage when I might receive my referral.  If you look on the left side you will see the upcoming months.  Remember China only matches and mails the referrals once a month or so.  The columns to the right are Rumour Queen's (RQ's) best guess.  If things continue according to this past winter 2012's pattern, I will receive my referral in June, if things go a little better/faster like they were last winter 2011, I will receive my referral in May.  However, as I've found out with this process, things can always get worse and if they do, I may be delayed until July.  You can see from the chart that it is projected that I will just make the cut-off with my Sept 13 log-in date.  If China does not finish as many files as they have been lately, they won't include the 13th and I will be waiting yet again.  But at least this time it will only be an extra month.  I know it's a little complicated to follow but thought I would try to explain why I know but don't know when I will receive my referral.  I won't even show you the other statistic charts that look at number of families logged in on each day, how many days were covered each  month.  It just gets a little mind boggling!!!  All I know is, it will happen soon!  If you want to read more about the process and how it has all unfolded from the start, I wrote about it in more detail here. Just click on the link (blue word "here") and it will take you to my earlier post.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That chart is a little mind boggling! I am so glad that you are so close, love your glider!

Nilia

Suzanne said...

The other charts and statistics are much more complicated! They barely make sense to me and I've been looking at them for almost 6 years now! And the crazy-making part is.... in the end, they can and will do whatever they choose, regardless of whether it follows a predictable pattern or not! :)

Catherine said...

Wheee! You're getting closer to Grace every single day! Looking forward to chatting with you Saturday!

Rachael said...

wow...complex. It just goes to show you how dedicated to the process you need to be. You're going to be a fantastic mom :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making Column One!!! I love the pink & white glider. Yaaaa....good times coming!! Karen G

Lisa said...

So great to see you yesterday, Suzanne! I have been thinking about you every day...you must be sooo excited! This little girl is so very lucky. Lisa

Suzanne said...

Thanks everyone and yes Lisa, I am so excited I can hardly think about anything else! I try not to show it too much at work, but it's there in my every thought!
Thanks Karen, making Column One feels like winning a marathon!!! I made it to the farthest out column well over a year ago, but it's taken that long to move this far ahead.

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Can you try to guide me through what happens when you get your referral
Lisa

Suzanne said...

Sure Lisa, I don't even know exactly myself how it "all goes down" but I will compose a post about what I know about the referral process in the next few days. I expect to see a new set of referrals next week so maybe after all that excitement is over with I will put together the info and post.

Suzanne said...

I should add..... unless this next set of referrals includes me!!!!!! In which case I will have to hit the ground running to get everything done! I don't think it will but you never know....?