I've been waiting...

Monday, May 21, 2012

Step Right Up Folks!

"Step right up folks!  A thrill a minute here!  It's time for the ride of your life!  Climb onto the biggest, the longest (that's for sure!!!!) the most spectacular emotional roller coaster of all time!  Fasten your seatbelts and hold on!  It might get a little bumpy but it's bound to thrill you with its dips and turns and unexpected twists!!!!!"


Ok, it's that time of the month yet again!  Time to climb back on the Referral Rollercoaster for another ride!  I got word this morning from "the guy in Spain" as people refer to him, that paperwork is done in China and the next set of referrals are being mailed!!!!!!  I have to admit, as unlikely as it was to happen, I was secretly hoping for the 13th, my LID, to be included.  However, the rumour out there this morning looks like Sept 8th may be the next cut-off.  A little disappointing but c'est la vie!  We had really thought they might complete up to the 10th or 11th realistically but that's sort of been the theme of this whole adoption hasn't it, one step forward, two steps back?  And the thrilling part is, we never know for sure until there is an official announcement.  There's always lots of speculation about cut-off dates and rumours about who will be matched and then sometimes the rumours are right on target and sometimes a big surprise (or sometimes disappointment unfortunately)  hits you in the face!!!  Hence, the roller coaster analogy!  On the upside, it's still 4 days closer to my great moment!!!!!  I've met some great people online these last few months, all people with a September LID like me, so I'm hoping for good referral news today for some of them!


Onto other news, my sister and baby K are doing ok.  They  came home from the hospital last night but will be back there tomorrow to get checked out again by the doctor.  


I was away visiting my nephews Saturday and Sunday with my mom.  We had a good "Day o' Fun" with Aunt Suzanne which included visiting the zoo, playing board games and frisbee golf.  Grandma treated us out to a good lunch at Swiss Chalet after Church.  I have some great pictures but something's up with my camera card or card reader or computer (not sure which yet) and my computer doesn't seem to be able to copy the pictures this morning.  So, I will post pictures later when I figure out what is going wrong.  Who am I kidding, I'll never be able to figure out what is going wrong.  I will just try it again later tonight and hope it works!!!!LOL
Making a great shot!
Who me?  I didn't cheat!


The official Score Keeper!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check RQ again...sounds like there is a good chance the 11th is IN!!!!!!

B said...

And some of the 12th! Holy smokes, sitting on the edge of seat over here!

Catherine said...

Someone with a LID of the 12th received her referral!!! June will be your month friend!!!

I remember only too well how hard it was to be missed by only one day but then after a few days of tears, feeling badly and disappointed I suddenly realized that I was next...NEXT!!!! The excitement began, planning began as finally I had a due date!

Suzanne....you have a DUE DATE!!! We can guess that it's around June 22nd but....like all babies, Grace will arrive at the perfect moment for her.

WHEEE!!!! You're NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzanne said...

Thanks you guys!! Not sure how I will get any work done today as the excitement of knowing I am next sinks in!