I've been waiting...

Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Secret Pal Gift

So my friends Tammy and Mike left for China yesterday afternoon, so exciting!!!!!!  I gave Tammy a quick call from work yesterday to wish her a good trip and she seemed unreasonably calm.  I hope I can be that calm when my time comes!   She seems to be taking it all in stride which is good.  I will be at the airport to greet them when they return so let's see how calm she is then!!! LOL


I belong to a group of men and women who communicate online.  We all have a September Log-in date for China and have been active supporting each other, discussing all things adoption/preparation related and being excited as each one of us gets our referral.. They hail from all over the world and even though I've never met any of them I feel like I know them after chatting about everything you can imagine, adoption related and not!  One of the women organized a "Cyber Shower" over the past few weeks and last week I received my gift from my secret pal.  It came from a woman in Ireland and it was a beautiful Christening scrapbook with my LID engraved on the front, a set of book ends (appropriate since I am a librarian and have about a zillion books!) and an Irish rag doll that is SO cute!!!!  Posting this reminds me however that I haven't sent a thank you note to her.  Must get on that!!!!


6 comments:

Catherine said...

What beautiful gifts!

Anonymous said...

A cyber shower I love that! How fun to belong to a supportive group made up of people all over the world. I can't wait until your day comes, we need to set up a phone tree ASAP!

XO

Nilia the Diva

Suzanne said...

Thank you for the suggestion of a phone tree Diva!! That would make things easier for me for sure. Maybe you could use your Diva skills to set one up!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry dahling ... Divas only delegate. I have "people" for that.

Jules and Danny said...

Such adorable gifts.

The Redhead said...

How lovely and sweet!