I've been waiting...

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

OMG!!! OMG!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!  Apparently the 8th is not the cut-off!!  Referrals were sent out for up to Sept 11 and 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh my gosh, I 've never been so happy to be wrong!!!!!!!!!!  I told you it was like a roller coaster!  Every time I think I've got a handle on the whole thing it takes me for a spin!!!!  The most thrilling ride of my life!  


I was out gardening all day yesterday and didn't check for any updates about referrals.  I thought I knew the cut-off date, Sept 8th, and it sometimes takes a while to get info and photos translated so there was no hurry to check things out on my facebook group or blogs or Rumour Queen.  When I came inside at 9:30 last night, I thought I would check, just for the fun of it, to see if any pictures of the babies were up yet, I love seeing the first baby pictures.  Well, holy cow!  There was over 3 pages of messages in my inbox all screaming about the BIG surprise!!!!  So it looks like people with a Sept 8-11 LID definitely got their referral yesterday and even a few with a Sept 12 LID got "the call."  This is always surprising because China almost never sends out partial days.  If they don't finish matching a certain day this month, they hold back all the matches for that day until next month.  It could be a mistake somewhere along the line where the people with a Sept 12 LID actually had a Sept 11 LID.  It happens sometimes, things get mixed up in translation, but what a great mix-up for those waiting parents!


What does this all mean you ask??!   It means I AM NEXT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am crying as I type this because I can't believe I am finally saying it.  For more than 5 years I've watched people, most of them complete strangers to me except how I "know" them online through Rumour Queen, get their referrals, meet their babies and deal with the disappointment of missing the cut-off by one day. And now here I am, missing the cut-off by one day.  I don't feel any disappointment, just excitement!  It's finally happening and I couldn't be happier.

P.S.  I haven't forgotten Lisa about posting the referral process, it's coming! :)
As well, still working on the camera thing.  Will try to figure out the problem this week so I can post pictures of my winning game of frisbee golf!!

11 comments:

Kathy said...

Congrats on being next. Can't wait to see the pics of your referral next month. Sure hope the next few weeks go by quickly for you.Get ready for the ride of your life.

Ange said...

NEXT! I'm so happy for you. Looking forward to hearing about your referral :) what an exciting month this is going to be!

Catherine said...

Oh Suzanne!!! SOOOOOOOO happy for you!!! You're next, you're next, you're next!!!

Doing the happy dance for you!!!!!!

Jules and Danny said...

NEXT!!!!!!! So amazing. Can't wait to hear!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Almost there now!

Tom, Marion and Samantha

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!! The next while will both fly and creep by.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I didn't realize that you were that close! Congratulations can't wait until you get "the call"!!!

Nilia

Anonymous said...

Holy cowy! This is so exciting!

Rachael

Anonymous said...

horray@@@@@@ I can't wait to hear the news. What a great June for you !!!!! Marianne (get reports done now cause you won't be able to focus once you get that picture!!!)

Lisa said...

YAHOO!!! Oh Suzanne, that is so amazing!!! It's really going to happen...CONGRATULATIONS! Can't wait for the update! God Bless, my friend!

dayna said...

We are so excited for you!!