I've been waiting...

Thursday, July 5, 2012

BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!

Yesterday was, by no comparison, absolutely, definitely, positively the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!!!  I thought last year took the cake when I had taken my niece and nephew to Wild Water Kingdom and had a fantastic day, but yesterday?  That was the best!
After spending the day at doctor appointments and running around I met with my social worker late in the afternoon and signed the paperwork to accept my referral for Grace.  It's official, I am going to be Grace's mom!
I went out to my parents' place afterwards for cake and a swim.  It was such a scorching hot day I could hardly wait to get into the pool.  We had a great time celebrating the document signing and of course me turning a year older LOL!! 
My sister L and her family gave me a beautiful necklace called a Wish Pearl necklace.  It is a silver sea turtle that opens up to hold a pearl inside.  Apparently sea turtles hover protectively over the freshwater pearl beds in the ocean.  The necklace came with its own oyster shell in water.  I had to crack open the shell to reveal the pearl inside.  Each colour of pearl symbolizes something different.  Mine was peach, which represents health.  Quite significant for me since that was my biggest worry yesterday with my referral for little Grace.  The pearl fits inside the turtle like this 




The box has the saying A Wish-Waiting-To-Come-True on the front.  How appropriate and poignant for this year's birthday.  It was a beautiful gift and I couldn't thank her enough. 


To find out more about the Wish Turtle's story go to www.WishTurtle.com
When I  got home, it was such a warm evening, I sat outside on the back deck for a few moments.  There are no street lights where I live and I like to sit out there at night sometimes in the complete darkness.  It's so quiet and peaceful and I just needed a few moments to digest the day and all that had happened.  It was a spectacular full moon and its light shone on everything in the yard.  I looked up at the moon and prayed that sweet Grace is ok, healthy and happy while she waits these last few weeks.  The moment reminded of the storybook I bought for her on the weekend, something I will be putting into a care package to send to China before I get there.  It's called Under The Same Moon and it starts like this:  
(have you got tissue ready?)
I see the moon and the moon sees me,
And the moon sees somebody I'd like to see.
Please let the light that shines on me
shine on the ones I love.
And it ends with:
Over the mountains and over the sea,
together with you, I wish I could be.
Please let the light that shines on me
shine on the ones I love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing but smiles now Suzanne :)

Nilia said...

Those last two verses gave me chills on my arms!

Loved seeing you today, hope I didn't hang around too long I know you had a tonne of stuff to do. Why do we always have so much to talk about??!!

I will peek in during my holidays by my internet access will be sporadic.

My thoughts are with you this summer as you make those final, exciting plans! Have an amazing summer!!!

XO
Nilia

The Redhead said...

Well Happy Belated Birthday!!! Glad it was so awesome (and I bet next year will be your new Best Birthday Ever ;) )
That is such a cool necklace too, what a lovely gift for this particular birthday.
I love staring up in the night sky too.