I've been waiting...

Monday, July 23, 2012

Under the Same Moon


Hi Christena Grace Huimu.  This is mommy and today is Monday, July 23.  I am excited and getting ready to come to China to meet you.  I haven't even met you yet but I already know I love you.   Soon we'll be able to read this book together.  It's called Under the Same Moon.
I see the moon and the moon sees me, and the moon sees somebody I'd like to see.  Please let the light that shines on me shine on the ones I love.
I see the stars twinkle soft and bright, winking a promise to me tonight: They'll keep watch while you sleep tight and smile on you with love.
I see the clouds drifting softly by as they carry these wishes across the sky.  I hope they bring sweet drams tonight to the precious ones I love.
I hear the wind as it moves through the trees, crossing the distance between you and me.  It slips in your window, soft as can be, and tucks you in with love.
I hear crickets and the frog-song rise as their sleepy serenade fills the moonlit skies.  It drifts all around as you close your eyes and sings to you with love.
I hear the owl hoot "who, who, who?" asking who I love and who loves me too.  I smile as I answer,  " Its you, you, you," you are the one I love.
Over the mountains and over the sea, together with you I wish I could be.  Please let the light that shines on me, shine on the one I love.

No comments: