I've been waiting...

Monday, July 2, 2012

A Few Details..

I wanted to leave my referral post up for a few days mostly because she is so darn cute :) but also because it has been a long weekend here in Canada and many people have been away from internet and maybe didn't get a chance to see the photos yet.  However, I wanted to share a few details about the big day Friday.
So, I got the call Friday morning.  It was a bit of a scramble because I had just arrived at work and was not set up with my question sheet and pen and camera ready.  I did have a friend record it but I will choose to keep that just to myself for now.  After I got off the phone (and composed myself!) I called my parents to let them know the good news and that I would have time to come home for lunch and show them the pictures (they were going away overnight and I didn't want to wait till Saturday!!).  When I arrived at my parents' house, my mom, niece and nephews had decorated the door with red balloons and a home-made Congratulations banner.  They had horns they were blowing and everyone was on the front porch to greet me.  What an amazing welcome!  And so of course I started crying all over again!  We had a great lunch and I talked on and on about all the things I now knew about my little Grace.  I had picked up a small cake to celebrate as well, although D. had a muffin for me with a candle in it ready to go.  They made up a rendition of Happy Birthday,  Happy Referral Day, and we all enjoyed the moment.  I so appreciated their good wishes and I will cherish that memory forever.





I will post more details tomorrow but here are a few pictures of our little party!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww geez...now i'm crying all over again...so so happy for you.

Rachael

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet Suzanne, what beautiful memories! I can't wait to hear more as things become more clear with travel dates and so on, I'm leaving Friday and won't have a realiable computer access until August 29 but I will check in when I can. Can't wait to see more pictures!!

Nilia

Susan said...

What a wonderful thing for them to do! Congratulations on your referral. She is beautiful. I hope you travel quickly!!!

susan
ladeeesquire from RQ

The Redhead said...

How very sweet and thoughtful! You got me crying too :)