I've been waiting...

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Flights Booked!!

What a busy week it's been!!  I'm so thankful to have the time off work right now because it's been a week of constant paperwork and appointments and phone calls getting everything in order to complete the adoption and prepare to travel.  Sometimes it feels like just a job I'm trying to get done by a deadline, sort of like your taxes, and other times it overwhelms me that this is not "just a job" this is preparation for a life change that I can't even comprehend yet. 
Yesterday I booked our flights to China and even though I knew what I was doing all along, suddenly it felt real.  It hit me the most when I looked at our tickets online and there it was.  Her name on a return ticket.  So it's starting to feel real and the magnitude of the upcoming changes in my life is finally starting to sink in.  Man, I hope I'm ready for this!

8 comments:

B said...

So excited for you! Ben and i are following along!

Anonymous said...

Wow! When do you travel? It is really exciting following your journey. Brings back great memories!

Tom

Anonymous said...

So happy and excited for you and Grace. When do you leave?

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! So exciting!

Rachael

Kim said...

I'm a single with a daughter adopted in 2008. It's so much fun reading your posts. Enjoy the journey!!!

Anonymous said...

It must have really sunk in when you saw the return ticket for Grace :)

The Redhead said...

Whoo hoo--goosebumps over here for you! How awesome to see her name on something "real"/for something coming up shortly!!!
Aaackk--so happy for you :)

Catherine said...

Awesome!! What are your travel dates? Need to mark our calendar for your homecoming!