I've been waiting...

Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Few More Details...

After my impromptu lunch celebration with family last Friday, I had to head back to work.  As the afternoon went on,  I shared the news with all my friends and colleagues and I felt an overwhelming sense of happiness from everyone.  So many of my co-workers kept coming by the library "just to look at her again."  My friend Deb couldn't stop crying which of course made me cry every time!!!  At school with the students, I had started to tell them about my plan in these last few days by reading them the picture book, Love You Like Crazy Cakes.  The grade 5 and 6 students however took a special interest in my referral.  They have been asking all week, "Have you got the Call yet???"  sometimes even shouting it from the open bus windows as their bus was pulling into the school driveway!  I was so happy to finally share the details with them I had to hike outside and find them in the middle of their Phys. Ed class!!!! LOL
After school, my two friends, who will now be coming to work at my school next also came by to move some of their work belongings.  We had a good chat about the whole day and it was great to be able to share it with them as they have been some of my biggest support over the years of waiting.
The next couple of days were spent talking with people on the phone, re-telling the story over and over about me "getting the call" and thanking people for their good wishes.  I then started all the paperwork required to accept my referral and that's where I've been these past few days.  That's now done, at least for the time being, and I have had a chance to catch up on yard work with a bit of relaxation time in there too!  Yeah for summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get that gardening done and rest up. There will be no time for gardening or sleep when Grace arrives home.

Any idea on a travel date yet? Hope it is soon.

Tom, Marion and Samantha