I've been waiting...

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Family Camping 2012

We had our annual Family Camping trip this past weekend.  Unfortunately my brother and his family weren't able to join us but we had a couple of new additions to the group, baby K and my nephew's girlfriend, K.  Like usual, my mom and dad were great hosts, opening up their camper and letting us invade them with all our sports gear and board games and munchies and everything else that goes with camping for 5 days.  The weather was a pleasant surprise as it was supposed to rain several times throughout the weekend and we didn't see a drop (my sister tells me it rained Wednesday during the night, but I don't believe her ;) ).  I treasure these family moments as you never know what the future holds and it's so nice to spend time together as a family.  My parents did a good job of instilling the value of family into all of us and it shows in the photos below.  My favourite is the one of my dad and baby K.  Life just doesn't get any better than that.

M is a little camera shy!  K on the other hand is not!

How does it feel setting up a tent after only 4 hours of sleep Eddy?
This guy loves the beach, no really, he does!

S. wearing his armour, homemade, incase you were wondering...

The boys pouring over the baby, how cute!

Get off of me!!!!

Riding the Yellow Dragon


How many people does it take to unload one canoe anyway????

Teenagers and their sandcastles!



Lynda looking her best!

Hey!  Where did your legs go??!

Men doing their jobs......
cooking

cleaning

drying the dishes...

Look out behind you Mom!



Wait for us!

Running up those sand dunes is hard work!


Don't jump!!!

I'm the King of the Castle!


AHH, it was only a mirage!!!! :(

Paradise only 4 hours from home...

How cool is that!  K is a great artist!


My favourite moment of the whole weekend....

No comments: