I've been waiting...

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Getting Ready

One month from now, I will be in China, probably boarding a plane to go to Nanjing where I will meet Grace.  Yikes!  I still have so much to do!  I pictured myself having so much more free time this summer to casually get things ready, sorting through toys and baby supplies with a little smile on my face, painting her room but enjoying every minute of it.  I even pictured it being relaxing, having long afternoons to read a book on the back deck (my favourite place in all my house!!!) and going out to do all the things I won't be able to do once the baby is here.  Now, it's just "let's get-r-done" mode!!  How did that happen??!  How did I fool myself into imagining I would get the time (more like motivation!) to clean out every closet and cupboard and drawer in the house when I haven't had the time (motivation!) to do it any other summer!!!!  I can't wait to be ready and sitting on the plane with nothing left to do except dream about life with Grace!
That all being said, the room is painted and as soon as I get the furniture in there I will post pictures.  I'm over the pink thing.  It looks nice!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Such a busy and exciting time! I remember it well!! Enjoy, enjoy! Even all this business is extra special because you're preparing for Grace!

Looking forward to pics of your precious pink palace!