I've been waiting...

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

One Year Old Today

One years old today.  I so wish she were already here!

The preparations continue. I've been to the bank to see how to go about getting Chinese money, I've been shopping for everything I can think of that I might need both here and in China, painting, decorating, cleaning up hand-me-down strollers and high chairs and toys that have been in the crawl space for months/years, installing baby gates, deciding which kitchen cupboard her bowls and food will go into, all the things that one needs to think about when one has a 12 month baby coming to live with them in a few weeks.  Hopefully you read my sarcasm in my last post.  I was poking fun at myself for being such a procrastinator.  I feel lucky that I've had so much time to devote to getting ready and yet I'm still not ready! That's just me, waiting till the last minute like usual!!!    
Today is Grace's first birthday.  I was at a friend's cottage the past couple of days.  Yesterday as we were relaxing on the beach, she pointed out that it was after midnight in China already and would have been August 8th there.  So, the kids all sang Happy Birthday for Grace and the moms all cried happy tears!  I plan to celebrate with family and will post pictures later today.  I'm getting so anxious to just get there!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE!!!

Ellie said...

Suzanne, you can take money out of an ATM in China. I have done that every time I used to visit my sister. I would take some cash with me, and my bank would get me some but it was easier to not carry large amounts of cash and I used my card.

Krista said...

Happy Birthday, Grace! I can only imagine how anxious you are to have her in your arms.

Ellie said...

Suzanne I Love the pictures of the Birthday Party, they are precious. I know you will enjoy your little Grace so very much. I truly cannot remember my life before Macy, and I know that soon it will be the same for you.

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday Grace!!! Cannot wait to see you in your Mommy's arms!

PS - I ended up exchanging money at one of the kiosks in the mall and that worked well.