I've been waiting...

Friday, August 24, 2012

I'm Back and The Countdown is On!!!!!!

For those of you that check in here regularly, I've taken a bit of a break from blogging this summer.  I've been away vacationing and busy getting so many things ready for Grace (how do you babyproof a china cabinet anyway??;)) Anyways, I'm back on the blogging train, so don't forget to check in here while I'm gone.  I'm going to try my best to keep you updated while I'm in China.  The final countdown is on!!!!  I leave for china in 5 days!!!!  

OMG!! I LEAVE FOR CHINA IN 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!

For now, the waiting continues.  I just had my last vaccination needles this week, I've called my credit card companies, ordered my Chinese currency, checked out my cell phone use in China (doesn't work there, ugh), filled my freezer with easy meals, babyproofed all the lower cupboards and drawers, and now I just continue to wait till 2:55 Wednesday, when that plane takes off, changing my life forever.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I canºt believe it!!! Is it true??!! I wonºt see you before you leave, my flight back arrives late Wednesday, I will just have missed you, so I will wish you a very safe journey, and I hope your first meeting with Grace is everything youºve dreamed it would be! Goosebumps!!

XO

Nilia

Suzanne said...

Maybe my flight will be delayed and we'll cross paths at the airport!!!! Thanks for the good wishes and I'll be sure to talk to you when I return!

Catherine said...

SO excited for you Suzanne!!! Enjoy these last few days and the fun and anticipation of meeting your sweet Grace!! Your life is about to change in the most wonderful and amazing way!!!!!!!!!!

B said...

I took off the doorknobs on the lower doors of the cabinet and then didn't use the china for 3.5 hears apparently...wishing you and sweet Grace peace during your transition to a family of two. Are you traveling alone?

Jules and Danny said...

Wednesday?!?!? Oh My Gosh!!!!! I am so, so, so excited for you! Wishing you safe travels and many blessing on meeting and finally having Grace with you.
As for the cell phone, the front desk people at our hotel in Hanoi were able to purchase a card for us so that we could use our own personal cell phone in Vietnam. They even bought time for us. Are you able to do this in China as well? And, do you think you will actually need it? We only used ours a couple of times to meet up with our travel group.

Suzanne said...

Yes, Wednesday. I can hardly believe it!!! I would only have a phone for an emergency and someone has mentioned I might be able to rent one from the hotel desk, so I'll just wait till I get there to figure it out.
And no, I'm not travelling alone. My parents and my sister are coming with me. I'm calling my sister the "pack-mule" Sorrry sis! I'm hoping she's going to carry the stuff while I carry the baby (at least some of the time, maybe we'll have to trade off once in a while ;)

B said...

I'm glad you are not traveling alone! Such fun! Wishing you the very very best. As you land in China, Thursday our time, my sweet baby will be going to his first day of JK! Oh how time flies. Enjoy every single solitary second of your grace and mama time.

Can't wait to meet her!