I've been waiting...

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day Two in Beijing


 Day 2 in Beijing and we've been busy!  I've tried my hardest to pack tons of sightseeing into our time here before I meet Grace because once she's with us who knows how things will go!! She may not be as "into" sight-seeing as we are!!!! LOL  Yesterday we went with our guide to Dr Tea. We participated in a traditional tea ceremony, tasting various teas and of course bringing home a few samples.  In the evening, we went to the acrobatic show at the theatre.  The strength and stamina of those performers was something else!!  My sister and I practised a few moves in the hotel room later in the evening but it looks like we're going to need a bit more practise!!!  I should be able to show you all a few moves when I get home though so be prepared to be amazed!

Today we hired a driver who took us to the Temple of Heaven, Beijing Zoo, the Lama Temple and Liulichang Street, a market street where they sell art work.  We persevered through some heavy rain at times but had a good time overall and saw lots of interesting sights.  I may not be able to post too many pictures throughout the trip since it is taking forever to download or log on in general.  It took us over 20 minutes just to get onto the internet!  Things are a little slow!  I will however post lots of pictures when I return. 

Tonight we may go to the Night Market if it stays dry.  Tomorrow we head out to the airport to go to Nanjing.  Less than 48 hours until I meet Grace!!!  Yipee!!!!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

So many wonderful places to explore and absorb! Glad you're having such a great time and making the most of every moment. You're so wise to explore and appreciate as much of China as you can. As she grows it will be fun to tell her of what you saw in China and share pictures with her too! Way to go Mommy!

Enjoy your time friend!! 2 days until Grace Day!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing lots of exploring and taking lots of photos. No doubt you will want to visit some of the same places when Grace gets older.

We are enjoying following along on your journey.

Tom, Marion and Samantha

Little One said...

What a wonderful experience you are having. And to think, you can bring Grace back with you in a number of years to show her the places you visited and see things through her eyes.

Krista said...

So excited for you Suzanne! I am enjoying following along on your journey via the blog. Can't wait to see pictures of you meeting Grace!

Jules and Danny said...

Glad you're seeing some of the sights. Molly was happy to trail along for quite a bit, but you never know. And it will be nice to have pictures with Molly in them of some of the sights of her home country.
Getting anxious for you to meet Grace. I remember that feeling so well.
I hope you are able to post at least one picture of meeting Grace... lol