I've been waiting...

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Great Wall

I'm catching up on things and have a few posts almost ready to go so you may see more than one post a day for these last few days in Beijing.  For example, I have a second post below this one titled Angel Amongst us, be sure to read it, a beautiful example of human kindness.  It's hard for me to believe we are going home in just three days.  At some points during the day, my life back home feels like a distant memory, like life before Grace never even existed.  I'm sure reality will set in quickly once I'm back at home.  Either way, I'm looking forward to returning home at the end of the week. 

Today we visited the Great Wall.  It was an amazing trip outside of the city.  It is truly breath-taking and unbelievable that such a structure could have been built thousands of years ago.  Grace and I climbed part way up as you'll see in the photos below, but Carolyn and my dad climbed much further, an accomplishment for sure!  We returned in time for Grace to catch a short nap (and most of us joined her!!!! LOL).  We ended the evening with a trip to the Night Market where we saw everything you could imagine on a stick, ready to be cooked fresh for dinner.

Tomorrow we are off to the Summer Palace and then a Peking Duck dinner at a restaurant.  Should be good!    

 
 
 




1 comment:

Catherine said...

Beautiful! Those pictures brought tears to my eyes as it brought me back to that time almost 3 years ago when Hannah and I stood where you are. Love all the pics you took of Grace there and in particular when she's touching the Wall!

When you return life will be some then same and very much different all at the same time. Those feelings of 'what did I do before Grace?' are probably here to stay! She has changed your life forever in the most awesome, amazing, wonderful of ways!

Have fun at the summer palace. Bring your walking shoes. The final covered path is a long, beautiful one.

Enjoy friend!