I've been waiting...

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Middle of the Night Questions

Thoughts from a nervous mother in the middle of the night...

It's 6:00 am and I've wandered down to the lobby.  I've been awake for hours, looking over at the empty crib, wondering what it's going to be like today when we finally meet. 
I'm wondering so many things...
Will I cry?  (probably!)
Will you cry?  (I hope so, it's a good sign!)
What will you look like?  I know what you look like through pictures, but what do you really look like?  Feel like?  Smell like? 

All these years of waiting have come down to just a few hours.  I can hardly believe it. 

It's now 1:00 pm and I'm waiting in the hotel room for 1:30 when I will meet the guide who will take us to the Adoption Centre.  It's almost Grace time!!!  Yeah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm having a sleepless night too (it's 5 a.m.!!), pre-school jitters!!! Loved reading this post, I love knowing what you're thinking as you prepare to meet Grace. I'll be thinking of you all day today, XOXO

Nilia

Catherine said...

Oh Suzanne! By now Grace has been in your arms for a few hours and you are blessed to have the answers to these questions and so many more! Excited to hear more and see more when you have time to share. Hannah and I have been praying for you. Blessings, Catherine