I've been waiting...

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Jet Lag Ugh

I think I'm in Jet Lag Hell.  I have come down with a cold and feeling crummy.  My little Grace is quite sick and a little bit cranky and apparently is not interested in sleeping for any length of time, day or night.  She hasn't really napped in two days now and is up most of the night, and so, of course, so am I.  We spent yesterday afternoon at the hospital, and then looking into getting her a health card  since I can't take her to a doctor without one.  I know it will get better but for now I'm not getting much time to add pictures to the posts I had written in China, heck, I haven't even had time to shower regularly (LOL Karen!!) so be patient and I'll catch up with pictures and posts and phone calls eventually!  Grace on the other hand is having a blast at the minute trying to climb up my leg, her newest trick!!
  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, hope you both feel better soon :)
glad to see you have a new excuse for lack of shower...lol

dayna said...

Hope you feel better soon Suzanne. Had the exact same thing happen when we brought Avery home, she wouldn't sleep at first either. It will get better, and the jet lag will go away, honest!

Jules and Danny said...

Don't worry about blogging until you are both feeling better. You will find a grove. The sleep thing was tricky for all sorts of families once returning home... not at all like the time spent in our children's home countries. As for jet lag, it apparently takes a day an hour of time difference. Give yourself time and a break. And take advantage of sunlight when you can. It does actually help.
It took Molly and I a while to adjust, but Danny went back to work a day after getting home... 36 hours later. I don't think he caught up until Christmas break 2 weeks later.
Feel better. Hugs to both of you!

Catherine said...

Oh no!!! Praying you're both feeling better soon and that Grace gets back into her sleeping routine. Lack of sleep is TOUGH!!

Take care friend! We're praying for you.

Debbie Sauer said...

It took me over 2 weeks to get back to normal when I came home from China. Just do what needs to be done and take it one day at a time. Blessings

Jules and Danny said...

Hey Suzanne,
I don't think my posts are showing up... or I am not actually posting and just thinking about it. Hope you're over the jet lag soon.
Jules