I've been waiting...

Friday, September 28, 2012

Nap-time Success!!!

Grace went down for a nap today and finally stayed asleep for well over an hour on her own with just few wake-ups needing my soothing.  She then continued to sleep for an additional 40 minutes in bed with me for a total of almost 2 hours!  This is a huge improvement in the "Napping Department" and I hope it is a good sign of good things to come!  
She was so happy when she finally got up I decided to take us out on an adventure.  It was a gorgeous afternoon and a PA day for my nephew D., so Grace and I drove out to pick him up and the three of us went on a lovely little hike to see the Autumn colours.  We walked along the lake and it did all three of us good to get out and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine.
On the way home, we stopped at the local store to get a treat.  Grace had her first taste of ice cream, yum!!! You'll see from the pictures, she appears to like it! 


D. trying to look pensive


Orange sherbert!  Yummy!!

A face only her mother would kiss!!!!

He's not looking!  If I'm quick... maybe I can get his ice cream!

5 comments:

Little One said...

Love the photo journal. Love how she's so connected to you already :)

Anonymous said...

Look at Grace go...she wants that ice cream! Congratulations on the "nap" :)

Catherine said...

What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon! So thankful Grace took a nap for you and hopefully it's only the first of many more to come.

Sarah said...

Congratulations! So wonderful..just so you know " a face only a mother could love" isn't a compliment. I means the person is unattractive and only their mom would love them. I think she is so adorable and precious you might want to change that caption! Best!

Suzanne said...

Hi Sarah, I really just mean the comment to be endearing, that even though she looks messy I still love her to pieces! I changed the comment however to make the meaning more clear to everyone