I've been waiting...

Friday, June 29, 2012

And, still waiting....

Sing this to the tune of Frere Jacques

My referral, my referral
Where are you?  Where are you?  
Won't you come today, won't you come today, 
and make me smile, and make me smile.  


Sorry, I'm usually pretty good at making up lyrics but this is the best I can do under this stress and no sleep!!


I finally broke down and called my agency yesterday.  They ask that we don't call during this part of the wait because it ties up their time and delays them getting referrals ready to be presented.  However I know the other people in my group have been calling and some people from other parts of the world are already sending back their acceptance letters so I thought I better at least check in.  She was sympathetic to the anxiety I'm feeling and promised that if referrals came back today, Friday, she would be working (she doesn't normally work Fridays), calling us and sending them by overnight courier so that they arrive to us Saturday afternoon sometime.  She too is concerned with us having to wait until Tuesday as that could start to significantly delay travel.  So, let's wait just a little longer folks.  It's fun to wait for a special day isn't it?? (insert fake smile and sarcasm here).

10 comments:

dayna said...

I would be calling too! I really hope today is the day you see your child's face for the very first time! Crossing fingers and toes for you.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for calling, I'm sure it eased a tiny fraction of your anxiety. Hang in there!
Lisa

Sharon said...

Jeesh! Fingers crossed for today!

The Redhead said...

So it's a good sign then that she is working today? Does she expect them to start coming in for the rest of the group? (I am coming off of working the overnight shift so I may not be comprehending too well either.)
Well hopefully by the time I wake up from sleeping (see I'm on china time ;) )you will have been "graced" by her photo. (Cheesiness courtesy of working a shift I'm not used to ;) )

Paula said...

Hang in there! I can guess which agency as I went through this exact same translation wait back in late October and received my referral on Tuesday November 1st (had to wait that extra weekend). I get it!!! I arrived in China on January 7th and was united with my daughter on the 8th. As much as you're probably tired of hearing this, please believe me when I say it is sooo worth it in the end. I know what it's like to check the phone your email every 30 minutes but wow, that call comes and you get your photos, there's nothing like it......until you actually get to meet her a couple of months later of course! Enjoy every moment of this most incredible journey!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the fake smile and sarcasm.
Good luck today!
Sandra

Catherine said...

(((hugs))) You're almost there!

Sylvia said...

This is inhumane! They could at least email a photo and a birthdate/name at least! Hang in there.

sierrasmom said...

RQ Follower here!! Do NOT feel quilty for calling your agency...they are working for you!! Hope you hear something soon!!

B said...

Okay, I see another referral picture from you agency...of a BOY! Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting...