I've been waiting...

Sunday, June 24, 2012

It's Empty!!!


Finally, an empty waiting jar!!!!  After 2108 days this jar now sits empty on top of the TV in my living room.  Not sure where it will go next, maybe the baby's room?


Well, folks, I think my feet have finally touched the ground again.  After two days of mile high excitement, and then a quiet Saturday to regain composure, I think I am now ready to get ready.  I have so much to do in the next couple of weeks, I'm not sure how it will all get done.  Finishing up the school year is a big enough job in itself, but to now add packing away all my personal belongings because I won't be there next year (yeah!!), and everything I will need to do to accept my referral, I don't know how it's all going to get done!!  Do I have time to be writing away on a blog??? Not really, but this is way more fun!!


Monday I plan to spend some time researching and contacting doctors familiar with international adoption.  I have ordered a Question Book, something I will include in my care package that I will send to the orphanage when I know the details.  The details.... oh, when will I know the details???

4 comments:

Dan and Karen said...

Congratulations on your upcoming referral! We waited 2 1/2 years for our 1st and thought that was forever.

Savor every moment of this wonderful journey!

Blessings!
Karen - Mom to two Xiushan Girls
aka Dannysgirl on Rumor Queen

The Redhead said...

It must be a little strange to see it empty after all this time of wishing to see it that way. Just another way reality sets in. I think it would be lovely to put in Grace's room. You could fill it back up with love notes to her, or a pebble each day you're together, or a candle because she's the light of your life. . .or maybe you just want to leave it empty because that's when you knew it would be time for her, or "hey I've got my own ideas lady" ;)
I'm so excited to live vicariously through you right now in your life and that you are sharing :)
Can't wait for the next step!!!

Catherine said...

Yay, yay! SOOO happy for you!

One tip re: sending the questions book. I sent a package of things for Anne to forward to Hannah and because I hated the thought of spending $50 to send a tiny blanket and photo album, they didn't reach Hannah even though they had 10 weeks to do so. A regret for me but one I had to let go. Just a thought for you though as you prepare to send something to Grace.

Cannot wait to celebrate Grace's referral with you...THIS WEEK!!!

Jules and Danny said...

I am so anxious for you. I can not wait to see a wonderful little picture on this blog! Sending my love and prayers!